I hope you had a great weekend, and a wonderful day celebrating those special guys in your life yesterday! It’s Katie from View From The Fridge, and today I’ve got a quick and easy craft … that also happens to be perfect for the Fourth of July!
I have a bit of a paper straw obsession. There are just so many cute patterns and colors, I just can’t resist buying them. Well … I’ve found a new use for some of the straws in my stash! Since it’s the Fourth of July coming up soon, I decided to go with a red, white, and blue patriotic theme, and create a fun DIY picture frame:
Cute, festive, simple … and a great activity for the kiddos! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Picture frame (I got mine for $1 at Michael’s)
- Blue polka dot and red striped paper straws (again … both from Michael’s).
- Hot glue gun
- Jute rope for trim (optional) … and again from Michael’s.
- Cut straws to length … enough to cover the top, both sides, and bottom of frame
- Begin gluing the straws into place
- Add rope trim to the outside (with hot glue):
- Add a picture … a cute printable … or anything, really, and that’s it! Display at your BBQ or just for fun in your home this summer!
Have fun! Thanks for having me today! I’d love for you to stop over and say hello at View From The Fridge and see what we’re up to.