Hi crafters! It’s been a busy start to the school year, but I’m happy to be back this month with a clever decorating idea for any sports fan.
With football season in full swing and hockey season on the horizon, there’s no better time
to get your game room in gear. And what better way to pay homage to your favorite players than to hang their jerseys on the wall with a DIY jersey display. Since this inexpensive project only takes a few minutes to complete and works with any type of jersey, you’ll have your game room ready faster than you can say, “Go team!”
What you’ll need:
* PVC pipe – 1 inch in diameter, cut to 24 inch lengths
* Tape measure
* Electric drill
* Drywall screw
* Sports jersey
1. Use a tape measure and pen to mark 24 inches on your PVC pipe. Cut. (Optional – Use sandpaper to soften any rough edges that may snag the jersey.)
2. Use a tape measure and pen to measure and mark 12 inches on your freshly cut PVC piece.
3. Drill a hole straight through the pipe at the 12-inch mark using a small drill bit that is roughly the size of the screw you’ll be using to attach it to the wall. THEN, change your bit to a size roughly as large as the head of your screw to enlarge the hole on the front of the pipe ONLY. This will allow the screw to be pushed through the front hole and into the smaller second hole in the back of the PVC pipe, but it should not go through the second hole in the back of the pipe.
4. Hang the jersey on the pipe.
5. Use a screwdriver or electric drill to drill the screw into the wall.
Until hockey season starts, let’s go Texans!